This position is for a fully competent civil engineer in all conventional aspects of land development engineering, including hydraulics, hydrology, storm drain, sewer, street design and grading plans. The civil engineer independently evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques to assigned projects. The successful applicant will work on a wide variety of civil engineering design projects involving mixed use, single and multi-family developments, commercial development, and municipal engineering projects.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the design work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Develop construction cost estimates.
- Provides assistance to project managers in preparing current status information for internal reporting and for keeping client informed on progress.
- Keeps abreast of new methods and developments affection his particular area of expertise. Attends technical seminars, workshops and conferences to expand his knowledge in all areas of land development.
- May coordinate the work of drafters and others who assist in specific assignments.
- Experienced in the operation of AutoCAD and / or Civil 3D.
- Develop and support permitting applications subject to State, County and Municipal agency approval.
- Local travel for construction oversight support and inspection.
- Support site plan and application reviews for compliance with local government agency requirements.
- Other related duties as deemed necessary.
- Education: Requires a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited four year college.
- Licensure: Preference will be given to candidates with an E.I.T.
- Experience: Two to five years’ experience in all aspects of design for land development projects. Has developed good working knowledge of several computerized design and drafting techniques.
- Required Skills: Has developed effective interpersonal skills and can communicate clearly both in writing and verbal. Strong AutoCAD skills. Demonstrates an awareness of the importance of working within the constraints of established budgets and schedules
- Equipment and Machines: Good working knowledge of computer applications related to engineering design and drafting.
Ferriero Engineering Inc. offers group health insurance including medical coverage, dental and vision coverage. Additional benefits include 401(k) savings plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick days, life insurance, long term disability, as well as Affinity and Aflac plans.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Job Type: Full-time